KMC users may consult the librarian at the Reference and Research desk for their literature searching and other research needs. The librarian will provide guidance on appropriate library research tools both prints and digital formats.
Inter-Library Loan Services
KMC users may acquire the Inter-library Loan services to obtain journal articles and books that are not available in KMC.
How to borrow books and obtain articles from other Libraries:
1. Request the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) form from the Reference and Research desk/counter.
2. Complete the ILL form with complete title, author, etc
3. Submit the form to Reference and Research desk/counter.
4. Collect the articles or books when received notification from the Library.
5. Return the books before the due dates.
Remarks: Charges might be imposed for the requested articles by the lending library.
Library Training and Consultation
The library provides training on use of library, online databases, Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) etc. to students and lecturers.
Group and individual training also available upon requests.
The KMC offers training on the following topics:
1. Online databases training
2. Use of Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
3. Searching Skills
4. Citation Styles
5. Plagiarism check software
6. Internet Search Tools
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
OPAC provide access to the KMC's collection and access through http://opac.unitar.my. Registered patron needs an ID and password to make online renewal and request.